Thursday, January 17, 2008

26 Weeks and into the double digits!!

Only 98 days to go... I really can't believe it.

Things are starting to feel very REAL these days. Before it was just kind of an idea, an exciting idea, and I chose not to think about labor and childbirth and how much my life is going to change in just an instant when the baby bean is born. But now, as I get closer and closer to D-day I'm starting to freak out. Labor/Child birth is one of my biggest fears. I don't know if I will be able to handle it. I'm scared shitless of having an epidural and not being able to feel my legs. I really don't want to have a C-section. I just want to have my baby in my arms but not deal with the whole birthing process. Oh, and I'm already becoming a paranoid mess about my little girl and I still have 3 months to go. I constantly feel like I might go into labor at any minute and am analyzing every twinge and pain (which there are many of). I'll probably be one of those ladies thats in the hospital every day thinking it's time to go.

Anyhow, I think I'm just having one of those days! Must release the raging pregnancy hormones somewhere.

Kyle and I are contemplating attending a pre-natal course on labor/delivery and newborn care, so maybe that will help.

Well, here is the weekly status report for our baby girl.

Your baby now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber), from head to heel. Her weight will more than triple between now and birth as she rapidly puts on baby fat. She'll need that fat to help adjust to colder temperatures outside the womb and as a source of energy and calories in the first days of life. It's not uncommon for newborns, especially those who are breastfed, to lose weight (sometimes as much as 10 percent of their birth weight) in the first week after birth.

~Preggo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do sound somewhat anxious. I think your idea about the prenatal for you and Kyle is a great idea and probably a wonderful gift. Let me know the cost..Hang in there - you will do fine.. epidurals are a piece of cake..

Anonymous said...

that was from me...MOM