Thursday, October 11, 2007

Adios Trimester One!! - 12 Weeks!

Yippee!!! We made it past the first trimester!!! I'm happy to have reached this milestone and am looking forward to the apparent energy and good feelings that are supposed to come along with the 2nd trimester.


I am feeling better today, with the assistance of a very expensive prescription that I got from the doctor yesterday. You see, after my last entry, I became violently ill, and was throwing up everything including water. It was like an unrelenting stomach-flu on crack, possibly the worst 24-hours of my life. So, I bit the bullet and got the Dilectin, which seems to be helping things. Today was the first day that I can remember in a long time when I took the bus and didn't get off and yack. At $200 a month, this shit better work!


Anyhow, here's the weekly update from babycentre.com..

"Your baby's hit the 2-inch mark (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce. Her eyes, which started out on the sides of her head, have moved closer together. Your baby's intestines, which have grown so rapidly that they protruded into the umbilical cord, will start to move into her abdominal cavity. Her kidneys are secreting urine into her bladder. She may have acquired more reflexes, including sucking, and she'll even squirm if you prod your abdomen, though you still won't be able to feel her move for a few weeks. "

~Preggo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi guys.. you first start feeling little flutters but soon enuf you will start feeling the little one kicking.. hope you are feeling better as the time goes on. love reading these update honey.
Love MOM