Welcome to my new blog!
Yes, our little family is growing.. which is worthy of a new blog, all to itself! This blog will serve several purposes... First, it will be my online pregnancy journal, to keep friends and family up-to-date on the goings on in this mommy-to-be's uterus. I will post pictures of my growing belly (well, maybe) and what else? I don't know. But I'm sure there will be other purposes!
So, I guess I'll start at the beginning... it was Sunday August 12th, 2007 (Kyle's 22nd birthday), early morning when I first saw that second line on the Home Prengnancy test.. It took awhile for it to sink in, and initally I didn't even tell Kyle! Eventually, I went and got Kyle and told him I had another birthday present for him. I gave him the pee-stick and we had our little happy family moment of celebration..
We got to see our precious bean for the first time on September 19th at the first ultrasound. It was such a great feeling to see our little bean's heart pumping away on the screen and we got to hear it too, it was so fast - 179 bpm!
Today I am 10 weeks and 6 days pregnant, so I'm just over a quarter of the way there. Up until about 9 weeks, I had it pretty good.. no nauesa or vomitting. Just extremely tired and waking up every 2 hours in the night to pee....
And than last week it hit me really hard. I was on the bus to work when I felt a very strong urge that I was going to yack so I got off and ralphed on the sidewalk in front of about 20 people waiting for the bus. Holy embarrassing! I cried and walked away. For the rest of the week I drove into work and was able to get sick in the privacy of my own car on the side of the highway.
This week I've been braving it and taking the bus again. It's not been pleasant but I haven't actually gotten sick on the bus. I have gotten sick on multiple occasions in the public bathroom at my work though, which makes me very unhappy, and also brings me some unwanted attention from the office gossip queens.
Anyhow, what else...
Believe it or not, I can no longer even stomach a cup of Tim Horton's coffee in the morning. Instead, I go for a gingerale every day when I get to work!
I've lost 5lbs, which is strange considering... but apparently it's normal to lose a few lbs in the first trimester. I think it's from not drinking any beer!
Kyle and I have both quit smoking!
My bra has gone up a cup size! Okay, possibly too much information.
I've experienced multiple episodes of pregnancy brain.
I'm obsessed with Cucumbers, like really, I could eat 10 cucumbers a day.
I've mastered the art of getting up in the middle of the night to pee and staying asleep while doing so.
Besides some cramping, headaches, and heartburn that's about it. Sounds great hey? I know.. but it will all be worth it in the end.
Later!
Preggo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment