Tuesday, October 9, 2007

This sucks.

I've thrown-up 3 times (so far) today on my first day back at work after the long weekend. I swear, it's something in the air here. I didn't get sick once this weekend. Or maybe it was the lady on the bus this morning who hadn't bathed in about a month. Whatever it is, I can't handle it.

I'm patiently waiting for Thursday to roll around as that is when I'm officially OUT of the 1st trimester and I'm hoping to wake up on Thursday morning miraculously cured of all nausea and vomitting. In the meantime and incase that doesn't happen, I've been busy at work researching home remedies to cure morning sickness. Ha! What a joke. Here's what I've found so far....
  • get plenty of rest ( I try)
  • chew your food thouroughly ( I would if I could eat something)
  • make sure your stomach is never empty - carry fruit and CRACKERS around with you to nibble on throughout the day (no comment)
  • keep a snack by the bed for when you get up in the middle of the night, and have a snack when you wake up in the morning before you get out of bed
  • eat a high protein snack right before bed
  • eat salty crunchy foods
  • sniff a fresh lemon peel (lol)
  • suck a piece of peeled gingerroot (eww!)
  • To avoid actually vomiting, try grasping your tongue with a piece of cloth and pulling gently but firmly (lol)
  • Lie completely still with your eyes closed

The only one that I figure actually works is the last one. I mean, is it just me or do these so-called "cures" all seem to cause the problem at hand. For me at least, the problem is that if I eat something, I throw it up... Why would I attempt to cure this problem by eating more?

I've also heard of these "preggie pops & quesy pops" which are suckers and sucky candies that are supposed to cure morning sickness. I'm thinking when I get home tonight I'll be sending Kyle out on a mission - not for pickles & ice cream, to find me some preggie pops!

~Preggo

No comments: